In John Bunyan’s Pilgrim’s Progress we read of a moment when two pilgrims on their way to the celestial city (heaven) are conversing,
One of the two pilgrims says to the other, “When do you find yourself in the most wholesome and most vigorous spiritual state?” To which the other pilgrim says, “When I think of the place to which I am going.”
Bunyan understood that. When he wrote that he understood that heaven on your mind changes your life. The living in a joyous anticipation of the presence of God changes everything.
Sadly, I suppose most Christians are more like the cynical Mark Twain who when told about heaven remarked flippantly, “You take heaven, I’d rather go to Bermuda.” Read the rest at The End Time: Heavenly minded is good.
- Breaking Free Ministries
- Chi Alpha Campus Ministries
- Classic Sermons
- Classic Sermons Page 2
- Missionaries and their Missions- Kerry Mauldin
- Missionaries and their Missions-Stephen McKay
- Prayer Requests
- The Pruitt’s— Missionaries to Ecuador
- Do Not Link to These Sites
- Copyright Fair Use
- Blogroll of Some of my Favorite Christian Sites