Is Abortion Justified to Save Babies From Future Suffering? | LifeNews.com

Is Abortion Justified to Save Babies From Future Suffering? | LifeNews.com.

1. this hits home because my sisters and I each have an odd muscular dystrophy which only attacks males. In the 60’s it couldn’t be detected but, my point is, we 3 had a beautiful relationship as sisters and, every time we start acting like God, intervening in the unknowns, we’ll likely go against His will which should be our #1 priority as it was to Jesus ~ Too mucch spared always steals from us great blessings & unspeakable joys~`t my personal experience.

February 19, 2013 at 10:37 pm

• I did clinical when I was a nursing student in a pediatric nursing home, it is amazing to see such love in children that in some cases, their parents gave up because they felt they couldn’t take care of them. But some of these children’s problems were minor compared to the injuries that other children suffer via accidents or diseases’ caught later in their lives, that the same parents would not consider giving up. My middle son developed brain damage from a high fever that cause severe seizures, but he was born perfect. So many people seem to believe that having an abortion if the doctor tells them there is a possibility that there might be some flaw. They seem to believe that if they get rid of the child they will not have to worry about having a less than perfect child. It makes me angry that people expect and are led to expect that any child will be without imperfections. This kind of meddling is evil and insidious in the way that it makes it acceptable to kill!

February 19, 2013 at 10:46 pm

• who defined PERFECT? I totally agree with your assessment ! Selfishness is the culprit ! Tears my heart out!

February 19, 2013 at 10:50 pm

• Me too, I spent a good part of that clinical crying my heart out!

February 19, 2013 at 10:54 pm

2. This is an excellent question, Loopyloo. I am interested in hearing your neutral or unsalted opinion. I have already known your position on abortion in general.

God blesses.

February 20, 2013 at 11:46 am

3. My answer is far from neutral Noel, I believe that the decision is in God’s hands and man has no right to decide who’s life will be one of suffering or what there quality of life is. There are no promises for anyone’s life. My middle son was born perfect but developed a high fever and seizures at age two, it did brain damage. Being born perfect is no promise of anything, so being born imperfect is neither. A child with down syndrome for instance is quite often a joy to their parents and the world. Should be deny them the right to live. People assume that if there is a diagnosis of down’s syndrome that it means a life time of suffering, but they do not realize that there are degrees just in anything else, when I was going to nursing school, my RN instructor was a down’s baby. She said that learning was harder for her when she was young, but that when she learned it, it lasted. I can not say that, I have an easy time learning and forget easily as well, which nurse would you rather have? I love to learn and as long as I am trying to learn I retain it, but I would like to be able to remember better. I was born perfect with a high IQ, it didn’t make me better than my teacher with down’s syndrome. I will leave all decisions like that up to God! Today’s doctors would have encouraged my nursing instructor’s parents to have an abortion. They would have been wrong.
    How do you make the decision on the quality of life anyway, you only have to read the news or watch television to see children killed and abused, sometimes in the best of families. There is no promise in life for any of us except that if we choose Jesus as our Savior we have the promise that God gives us of a better life in His future. God bless you!

February 20, 2013 at 12:08 pm