Being Handicapped is NOT a Crime! | Abolish Abortion

Being Handicapped is NOT a Crime! | Abolish Abortion.

By: Suzanne Ward

Prenatal (before birth) testing today results in the early diagnosis of more and more abnormalities from the extremely simple to the very complex.  Sadly, physicians may suggest terminating a pregnancy with only a possible risk of abnormality, probably due to fear of malpractice law suits.

Half of the children targeted for destruction are not even affected by the feared abnormality.  More normal children are killed than handicapped children.

As a society, we must remember that a child’s right to life is given by their Creator, not their parents or even the state.  Being handicapped is not a capital crime and should never carry a death sentence.  In any or all circumstances, we want to protect and support both mother and child.

Studies show that women who choose abortion for genetic reasons have significant grief reactions, a high rate of depression, and flashbacks.  Negative reactions are also seen in the siblings even when they had no direct knowledge of the event.

Approximately 20% of U.S. adults have some sort of disability according to the Centers for Disease Control, or CDC.  Many, many of these individuals accomplish amazing things in spite of great challenges.  Let’s ‘meet’ just a few of them:

Robert Michael Hensel was born in 1969, with a birth defect known as Spina bifida. His disability would limit him to a wheelchair, but he continues to find ways to positively impact people.  Hensel is an award-winning poet and has recently been recognized by the Museum of Disability History in Buffalo, New York.

Hensel is a Guinness World Records holder for the longest non-stop “wheelie” in a wheelchair. His efforts have raised money for wheelchair ramps throughout his hometown of Oswego, New York.   Hensel continues to raise awareness of the many talents and accomplishments made by disabled individuals.  Says Hensel:

• “Know me for my abilities, not my disability.”
  • “I don’t have dis-ability, I have a different-ability.”
  • “When everyone else says you can’t, determination says, YES YOU CAN.”
  • “No disability or dictionary out there is capable of clearly defining who we are as a person. It’s only when we step out of that labeled box, that our abilities begin to be fully recognized, giving us a better definition of who we truly are as individuals.”  Read the rest at  abolish abortion!

1. I am profoundly overwhelmed by the one phrase herein: “I don’t have dis-ability, I have different-abilty.” To me this sends a clear and convincing ideal that doctors can not determine one’s outcome in life based upon diagnosis in the womb…. All the more reason for abolishing aborsion…..

February 15, 2013 at 2:46 pm

• Amen to that my friend, God bless you!

February 15, 2013 at 2:48 pm

• And, also you, Loopy. Have a great and blessed day (everyday).

February 15, 2013 at 2:50 pm

• Thank you Michael! :-)

February 15, 2013 at 2:51 pm

• You’re welcome, Loopy.

February 15, 2013 at 2:55 pm

2. Sorry about my spelling, Loopy… can you edit it for me. LOL! God bless…..

February 15, 2013 at 2:48 pm

• Sure!

February 15, 2013 at 2:49 pm

• Thanks – now I won’t look stupid even though i feel smart….. LOL….

February 15, 2013 at 2:51 pm

• You should see some of the mistakes I make sometimes. I am thinking so fast that I can’t get it right and don’t want to stop because it will interrupt my train of thought!

February 15, 2013 at 2:53 pm

• Well I’m sure glad I’m not the only one who does that… Now I’m not so self conscious. LOL… Hey, we’re only human, kiddo…. not only do we fall short of the glory of God – but it seems we fall short of the literary scholars who came before us…. I feel better…. geez !

Well, we are human (resulting back to that). Smiling.

February 15, 2013 at 2:57 pm

• Don’t forget that most of those “literary scholars” had editors who fixed their errors before the public read their work!

February 15, 2013 at 3:00 pm

• So they weren’t so perfect either.. LOL! That makes me feel better……… I think we are doing pretty good here, Loopy.

February 15, 2013 at 3:08 pm

• Amen to that Michael!

February 15, 2013 at 3:08 pm

• Amen!

February 15, 2013 at 3:10 pm

3. muse1876

At this time in our country only perfection is touted. Your could be blonde beauty and be as dumb as a rock but no one cares. Our world is visual. Some of the ugliest people in the world are beautiful on the outside. When the famous adopt a child, why don’t they adopt a child who are really in need of a caring family. It is all about what the family looks like. Sad for all America.

February 15, 2013 at 6:31 pm

• You are so right Muse, it is sad, so very very sad! God bless you my friend!

February 15, 2013 at 7:11 pm

• Our entire nation is some how mezmorized by Hollywood and how they live. A make believe world of fantasy and make believe. We have been convinced by info-mercials that “we need a certain look, take this pill and you’ll suddenly become beautiful, slim or desirable.

Only He, God, is perfect….. and, it appears to me, “made inj His image has already made us perfect.” I did not say we do not sin, merely that we are a woven, intricate in detail and how He has chosen us to be.” Each individual…. and filled with His plan. When we are able to see this – then we will begin to see the intricate beauty found in everyone….. He should strive to please Him and not Hollywood, Washington, D.C. or our neighbors….. perhaps then we too shall see our own, individual beauty and feel the self worth in ourselves, that He so long ago saw.

February 16, 2013 at 3:26 pm

• Amen and amen, thank God for the diversity of His creations, imagine just one type of flower or tree! How boring that would be! It is the innovation from those who have faced problems from birth that often enable the rest of us to live better lives in our later lives!

February 16, 2013 at 4:58 pm