Accepting Christ Means Rejecting All Else— A.W. Tozer

A. W. Tozer

A. W. Tozer (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

A.W. Tozer:
The notion that we enter the Christian life by an act of acceptance is true, but that is not all the truth. There is
much more to it than that. Christianity involves an acceptance and a repudiation, an affirmation and a denial.
And this not only at the moment of conversion but continually thereafter day by day in all the battle of life till the
great conflict is over and the Christian is home from the wars. To live a life wholly positive is, fortunately,
impossible. Were any man able to do such a thing it could be only for a moment. Living positively would be like
inhaling continuously without exhaling. Aside from its being impossible, it would be fatal. Exhalation is as
necessary to life as inhalation. To accept Christ it is necessary that we reject whatever is contrary to Him. This
is a fact often overlooked by eager evangelists bent on getting results. Like the salesman who talks up the good
points of his product and conceals its disadvantages, the badly informed soulwinner stresses the positive side
of things at the expense of the negative.

1. Pingback: Many thanks to wordpress bloggers… « PJ Grace Community

2. Thank you Loopyloo! I’m about to order a Tozer book, to have for a gift to give. :) God bless you and yours!

January 11, 2013 at 12:10 am

• Wonderful, God bless you and yours as well Debbie!

January 11, 2013 at 1:40 am

3. “A.W. Tozer Quote”

January 11, 2013 at 12:28 am

• Amen and amen! Thank you, that is so right, most churches today are more about movement and less about Christ and doing God’s work!

January 11, 2013 at 1:43 am

4. I want to thank you for being the encouragement that you are to me, and bless you by nominating you the following three awards that Cathy Craig Neil blessed me with: The Shine on Award, The One Lovely Blog Award, The Blog of the Year Award 2012. http://diasolifeontheborder.org/2013/01/11/a-tip-of-the-hat-to-my-fellow-bloggers/

Blessings, Dave

January 11, 2013 at 7:12 am

• Thank you for the honor Dave, you are a great blessing! Patricia

January 11, 2013 at 11:17 am

5. rejecting everyone else can be a bit tough!

January 11, 2013 at 11:24 am

• Yes, it is a continuing process for me, it has to be worked on every day! God bless you!

January 11, 2013 at 12:00 pm

6. THANK YOU SO MUCH LOOPYLOO for bringing this to my attention. It was absolutely PERFECT for me, today.

This is something I’ve been struggling with for some time now. I had even drafted an email [this passed Wednesday] that was to be sent to my pastor, expressing this very thing~ I didn’t send it. This is a clip from it…

“It was only a few days ago that I felt this stark reality that where I once gained in the Lord [despite obstacles & circumstances], now I seem to operate in a negative~ Even more so then two steps forward, three steps back. I use to say “I’m not who I was & by faith, I’ll tell you the same tomorrow.”, “I live extravagantly where it matters most [with Jesus]”, and, and, and. But now, all I can see, it seems, is the remains of a shipwreck; my testimony on the fumes of a deposit, my witness & life… like broken pieces of stained glass.”

So I thank you Loopyloo for being the good friend that you are to share this beautiful post, and A.W. Tozer for writing it. This was so encouraging!
    [And this I also thought was cool... A.W. Tozer looks a lot like my Great-Grandfather (Reverend Elmer Olney Webster) who I have seen in pictures but had never met. He died on my birthday, seven years before I was born. I heard stories about his passion for Jesus and how he would bring great emotion (his & the congregations) into his preaching. Man I wish I could have heard him preach! Maybe today… I did. :) ]

GOD BLESS YOU FRIEND[S]!!!

January 11, 2013 at 4:40 pm

7. You are most welcome Sister Julie, God works in amazing was doesn’t he. It was a work I needed to hear myself!
    You can hear him preach here: http://www.sermonindex.net/
    It is one of my favorite places to visit and I know that my own Pastor visits it often as well!

January 11, 2013 at 4:46 pm

• THANK YOU for the link… I will check it out!!! Much lovin’ Jesus to you Sister L!

January 11, 2013 at 5:22 pm

8. Pingback: Dividing Society or Condoning Sin | Loopyloo's

9. Pingback: A Prayer from A.W.Tozer | Loopyloo's

10. Pingback: A.W. Tozer : Deliverance from “Me” « The Christian Gazette

11. Pingback: A Prayer from A.W.Tozer « The Christian Gazette

12. Pingback: A Report on First Day of GTCA « gtcontario

13. Pingback: A.W. Tozer : OCCUPIED WITH PRAISE « The Christian Gazette

14. Pingback: Accepting Christ Means Rejecting All Else | jesaja 66:2

15. Pingback: A.W.Tozer on John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word… (a must read!) « Ioan17 – John 17

16. Pingback: A.W. Tozer : Accepting Christ Means Rejecting All Else | The Christian Gazette