loopyloo305:

There are times when I seriously wonder at peoples commonsense. The Denny’s here never thought through the consequences of their actions. They were at a much less risk for robbery with the armed police presence and yet because someone was offended at the weapons they were carrying they chose to ask them to unarm. They never bothered to consider that unarmed police would be a magnet for those who wanted to harm them and therefore a magnet for increased violence to the resturant and the people within. They lose on all fronts now, publically they are made to look the fool, but worse than that they lose the revenue that they would have otherwise enjoyed. They also lose the protection they had, whether they realized it or not, by having the police on hand.

Originally posted on Fellowship of the Minds:

Criminals, take note

Criminals, take note

Illinois Cops Banned From Denny’s

Fox News: An Illinois police chief has banned his officers from a Belleville Denny’s Restaurant after a manager told five on-duty detectives they had to leave because one of them had a firearm.

“The Belleville Police Department is very disheartened by the lack of respect shown to on-duty sworn police officers, Capt. Don Sax said in a statement to Fox News. “Until further notice all on duty Belleville Police officers are banned from Denny’s Restaurant unless responding to an official call for service.

The incident occurred on New Year’s Day when five detectives were eating at the restaurant. A manager approached their table and told one of the detectives that she had to take her weapon out to her car or leave the restaurant. The detectives initially thought it was a joke, Sax said, noting that all of…

View original 216 more words

1. I am sick of this “we can’t possibly offend anyone” attitude even when the person being offended reasoning is illogical and to the detriment of Denny’s or any business and the public.

January 5, 2013 at 1:07 pm

• Amen to that! I wonder how in the world people have lost so much ability to even think things through!!!!

January 5, 2013 at 1:22 pm

2. Hi,
    Since when are policemen so under attack in the USA? Don’t we see that guns are not the problem? Are we so blinded by evil that we can no longer see the good. I am not saying that guns are the answer but that we need to examine ourselves according to the Word of God and then repent. When that happens we will notice a difference.
    Ciao,
    Patricia

January 5, 2013 at 4:58 pm

• We have a culture that is becomming so ignorant and lacking of common sense that they seem to believe anything my friend. And when those who do not want others to have guns, say that the guns are the problem, their reaction is to remove the guns instead of addressing the real problems. We are suffering from a divide and conquer mentality, those that don’t like the people that have a different viewpoint don’t bother to do more that parrot what their leaders tell them and never look to the future and see the results from their actions. We are beginning to see a society more divided that I have ever seen and I am 61 years old. The hatred is increasing and people seem to be encouraging it to get what they want. God bless you Patricia, I hope that it is better where you are than it is here but this seems to be a global effort on the part of the evil one to spread death and destruction. I pray that God returns soon or we will see a great deal of violence spreading.

January 5, 2013 at 6:59 pm

• Good morning,
        I read your reply on the weekend, and since I try to stay away from my computer on Sunday’s and really use the day as a day of rest and relaxation, I don’t work on Sundays if I can help it.
        I find it sad that this is happening in the United States. I find it sad that we have allowed Satan to get such a hold on our society. Yet in still, I know that he doesn’t win. And you are right, there is a global effort to subdue all who believe in God and have accepted Jesus Christ as our saviour but I love that verse in Daniel 11:32 which says
        “And such as do wickedly against the covenant shall he corrupt by flatteries: but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits.” The last part of this verse says it all for me. The people who know their God shall be strong and do exploits.
        Thank you for taking the time to give me an answer from the heart that has greatly showed me some of what is going on in the USA. I appreciate it very much.
        I love you.
        Ciao,
        Patricia

January 7, 2013 at 8:53 am

• You are most welcome and Yes and Yes, God is the winner!!! God bless you!

January 7, 2013 at 11:23 am