Wait for His Return

May God‘s Holy Spirit rain down on this world and His Son return and bring His kingdom to pass. No matter how good or bad it is on this earth, it is not our home. Why should we be disappointed with the expectations of a better world here by those that deny Him? We know what God promises to those who believe. Much as we would like to show others the error of their ways and lead them to Him. The seed will not grow without fertile soil and the contamination that is in the world is to the point where little seed can grow. The great evil in this world is the belief that happiness comes from money and power. All that both of those bring is the desire for even more. And like the addicts that those who have those desires are, eventually they come to the point that they are willing to take any measure to get them. Their callous disregard for either the people or the laws continually leads them to ever greater depredations. Nothing that we say or do will change them. It is not in our hands, it is not in our power. It is only God Himself that can reach and change these evil ones. And their lawlessness can be forgiven but like any addiction, the desire to change must come from them. All who live in this world will face judgment at the time of Christ‘s return. Have faith my friends and turn not to those that offer empty promise but instead to the sure and worthy promise of life eternal at the feet of the Master.

1. PASTOR DAVIS/MASTER TEACHER

Great Article. Amen!

November 9, 2012 at 2:48 pm

• Thank you Pastor Davis and God bless you!

November 9, 2012 at 2:50 pm

2. Waiting and watching . . . we are one day closer!

November 9, 2012 at 11:42 pm

• Amen and amen!

November 10, 2012 at 12:57 am

3. Reblogged this on Cobcatnipdew's Blog.

November 11, 2012 at 2:01 am

4. I will chime in. There is a huge misnomer that you can’t have fun if you are a Christian. I bevelie that you can have fun and live a Christian life. What my family considers fun may not be what another family considers fun, nor might the activities that my husband and I pursue individually be considered fun by another. For example (and I am sure that someone will be angry that I singled out a particular event, but I could list hundreds of examples and I am sure Kristi has a word limit ) attending a ball game with my kids and risking sitting next to a group of folks yelling expletives and drinking beer is not our kind of fun while an afternoon of creek wading and exploring, pond fishing, or eating an ice cream treat at Dairy Queen is.Will someone who has not publicly professed their faith in God go to Hell? Will someone who acknowledges Christ with their dying breath and not lead a Christian life for others to see, not make it in to Heaven? We will have to debate that at a time when I don’t feel under the gun to hammer out a response Witnessing, I definitely have an opinion there While witnessing and providing a biblical foundation for your argument for Christianity probably won’t garner many points with someone who has already made up their mind’ Quite possibly they know what Christianity entails and they are not prepared to depart from their worldliness? While we are all accountable with part of our responsibility as a Christian being to witness and lead others to Christ, I am not sure that we will be dinged’, for lack of a better word, for failing to convert another person even though we have tried our darndest. I bevelie that free will plays a huge role in the decision making process of some folks who may just want to wait one more day and have a little fun ‘ Lots of these folks are the folks who have issues following rules and just simply don’t like the idea of being told what to do That is where you, my friend, let your God light shine and let your life be an example so that others might become curious and want the same. Then game on you share the secret of your success’ There is that old adage You can lead a horse to water . yadda, yadda, yadda I suppose when witnessing you have a limitless supply of water in your trough right???

January 6, 2013 at 10:43 am

5. , “I just want to have fun before I beomce a Christian.” Then was followed by the question What does this mean? obviously anyone making this statement would know what becoming a Christian entails. For example becoming a Christian would mean recognizing that you are a sinner, repenting followed by baptisim, and willing to turn away from that sinful lifestyle whatever that lifestyle may be. In the statement of I just want to have fun .. could only mean that the person’s definition of fun could only be a sinful fun. By this person’s statement it makes me think of them choosing the oppisite of what Moses chose as we see in Hebrews 11:24-26 By faith Moses, when he was come to years, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh’s daughter;25Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season; 26Esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt: for he had respect unto the recompence of the reward. Is this person accountable for their decision? Absolutely yes. Matthew 12:36But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.Romans 14:12So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.The next question was What happens if he/she is in an accident? Has he/she actually made a decision? Assuming that you meant the person has died in an accident while in the mindset of I just wanna have fun before I beomce a Christian, has he/she made a decision? yes. unfortunately a bad decision. Romans 3:23 says for all have sinned and come short of the glory of God. So, without repentance a person dies in their sin.The next question was, I see that he/she is not converted, that he/she has not made a ‘decision’ for Christ, but doesn’t he/she already have the knowledge? Revelation 3:16So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.Isn’t he/she now making a decision to not follow? Yes.What if there is ‘no later’?? Very good question. 2 Corinthians 6:2(For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.)May God bless each and every one who read this,Love in Christ, JesusDonald Hale/ House of Prayer Ministries Bedford ky

January 6, 2013 at 10:43 am