I would like to see more Pastors worrying about God’s message, instead of whether the Government might decide that their speech violates the tax code! Who are they pleasing? God or Government? It is time for them to get their priorities straight!

1. muse1876

Loopy, The political talk from the pulpit would turn me away in a heart beat. I don’t go to church, but IF I did I wouldn’t go the next week if it was about politics. I would think the reason people go to church is for the word of God and the safety of their souls. IMO

July 3, 2012 at 4:16 pm

• I am not saying that Pastors should lobby for a political candidate, what I am saying is that Pastors need to point out what it means to follow Jesus will, instead of keeping quiet about Homosexuality, Abortion, and any number of moral issues. There are many out there that keep totally quiet because they are intimidated and afraid they will lose their tax exempt status if they even mention things like this. It is the Pastor’s responsibility to educate their people on what is morally right in following Jesus. It is absolutely about the safety of their souls.

July 3, 2012 at 5:23 pm

• I wish you lived close to me Muse, I would love to have you visit my church, perhaps you would decide that it was a church you could like. I post some of my pastor’s sermons sometimes.

July 3, 2012 at 7:23 pm

2. When the actions of the government impinges on religon or religous liberty, then it becomes appropriate from the pulpit. Otherwise, Pastors, preachers, priests, rabbis, and such should stick pretty close to their mission.

That doesn’t mean they shouldn’t express their views, just not from the pulpit.

July 3, 2012 at 4:49 pm

• Pastor have the responsibility to educate their people, look to the history of this country, Pastors led the way, like Whitfield for instance. It is needed to tell people not who to vote for, but what they need to stand for if they are truly desirous of following the the will of God, and the example of Jesus. They can’t stand quietly by and just let our leaders tell them that one thing is acceptable when it is truly not if you are following His will. They have allowed the government to censor their speech in order to retain tax exempt status. Sooner or later they have to stand for God or fall for the government. They have to make the choice on whether they are there to support the will of the government and give an watered down meek message, or stand for the truth and the word of God. The Bible tells us that we can not serve two masters and they are trying to straddle the fence and not offend in order to keep from paying the taxes. Truly they would be better to pay the taxes and speak the true word of God, that they would to be lukewarm because God will not, will not, accept lukewarm.

July 3, 2012 at 5:30 pm

• Loopy, stand easy a moment, I disagree with NONE of that. Moral teaching from the pulpit? Absolutely, that’s the job.

My point (and I doubt I phrased it well) is that overtly political speech, from pastors, if so motivated, is fine but, I feel personally think should not come from the pulpit.

And you are correct that far too many clergy straddle the fence trying to serve two masters. I was taught long ago that playing in the middle of the road was a fine way to get run over, in BOTH directions, nothing’s changed.

July 3, 2012 at 5:45 pm

• I think we’re all saying the same thing, but saying it differently. I don’t think the type of politics you’re describing, neenergyobserver, belong in church either. I think you agree with this, don’t you loopy? I feel loopy is saying the same thing I just described above..and I think you agree with that as well, neenergyobserver. Do you not? Do we all agree here?

July 3, 2012 at 5:59 pm

• Yes, Lyn, I do. That’s why I started with stand easy. In essence, I was agreeing with Loopy with a minor caveat.

Agreed, my friends, and thanks.

July 3, 2012 at 6:03 pm

• I am sorry if it sounds as if I am disagreeing with you Dave, I am not, I am just so very passionate about this. I have seen so many preachers just say they can’t talk about anything that is controversial!

July 3, 2012 at 6:12 pm

• I understand. I have too and it saddens me that they are seemingly unable to stand for the beliefs they are entrusted with.

July 3, 2012 at 6:19 pm

• The truly sad things is that they are causing their followers to lose as well, and these Pastors that do this are doing more damage than even people like Obama. Eternity is at stake not just American, though I love America as well!

July 3, 2012 at 6:22 pm

• Agree completely.

An open enemy is one thing, treachery (and this is nothing less than that) is far more damaging. And you are very correct about their followers.

July 3, 2012 at 6:26 pm

• It is something that makes me very sad, Dave! God bless you my friend and I am glad that we had this discussion even if it seemed at first that we disagreed. Perhaps others will take time to read these comments and start to think a little!

July 3, 2012 at 6:29 pm

• We can hope for that, Loopy, we never know where are words will go, it was/is a good discussion between old friend that only appear to disagree and the light thrown off may well help others.

As we both know, neither one of us ever backs off from our beliefs, so it’s good that we agree.

God Bless You, and Keep You Loopy!

July 3, 2012 at 6:33 pm

• :-) Same to you my friend!

July 3, 2012 at 6:35 pm

• Oh my goodness..this reminds me of a lovers quarrel in one of those love stories…where the kiss and make up! LOL!

July 3, 2012 at 6:37 pm

• LOL, we have been friends for quite awhile Lyn, if you have never read Daves posts, it is well worth you time. He is one of the smartest men I know and always has a wonderful post up!

July 3, 2012 at 6:43 pm

• Oh, I didn’t mean anything serious by that. I was only being light-hearted and silly. You’ll know when you see the last post I just made. Nor did I actually mean to imply anything about lovers, i only meant that we love each other in Christ, and you were making up..and then i threw some humor into it. ;-)

July 3, 2012 at 6:47 pm

• I understand Lyn, just took the opportunity to promote Dave’s site, I love to point out my friends sites. And Dave if you haven’t visited Lyn’s she has a great site as well, in fact I reblogged one of her posts not long ago!

July 3, 2012 at 6:58 pm

• Well thank you loopyloo! I appreciate that..and I will certainly check out Dave’s too..I promise! I have to leave my home for a while to go to the store…and then I have to clean up the house (I had it looking lovely..but then something happened..I’m not sure what yet! I’m a clean freak, too. Can’t stand it in a clutter.

July 3, 2012 at 7:00 pm

• :-)

July 3, 2012 at 7:08 pm

• Love the proud to be an american post! Listening right now..I’ve always liked that… it makes me so sad when I look around and see it’s no longer American..our forefathers would roll over in their grave..it’s more like “Obamacan” anymore instead of American….godlessness prevails as well. A country founded on God…I said in one of my upcoming books, “America has not gone to hell….hell has come to America!”

July 3, 2012 at 7:03 pm

• Absolute truth my friend, absolute truth!

July 3, 2012 at 7:08 pm

• I can’t wait until Christ comes back to rain hell on hell! LOL!

July 3, 2012 at 7:10 pm

• Amen!!!!!

July 3, 2012 at 7:13 pm

• Thought you would like this one too…. http://lynleahz.com/2012/06/25/ask-yourself-what-would-jesus-do/

July 3, 2012 at 8:33 pm

• You are right, excellent post!

July 3, 2012 at 8:55 pm

• I’m waiting on the music…maybe a little Sinatra or Elvis? LOL

July 3, 2012 at 6:38 pm

• How about a little Lee Greenwood, “God bless the USA”, instead!!!!

July 3, 2012 at 6:51 pm

• There you go! Or what about Mercy Me? I love them too! Do you guys like Mercy Me? I haven’t heard a bad song by them; and they say Jesus in their songs! i have big problem with these “Christian” musicians who won’t say Jesus…a BIG problem.

July 3, 2012 at 6:54 pm

• Absolutely, I like Mercy Me a lot, I put them up sometimes. My problem is that I like so many, sometimes I have a hard time deciding! My Pastor has instructed our worship leader that if it isn’t about God or Jesus to just forget about it, and I agree mostly, but still I do like to hear how they have changed because of God working in them!

July 3, 2012 at 7:01 pm

• July 3, 2012 at 7:04 pm

• :-)

July 3, 2012 at 6:41 pm

• God bless both of you! Just like us, God loves it when His children show love, affection, and kindness to one another. He loves it when we we have peace, make peace, and forgive. He loves to watch us interact together. How do I know? Because He made us in His image, and we love to watch our children get along, play, have fun..and it is the cutest most special thing when our children show affection to one another. But when our children are being rotten, disobedient, disrespectful, and mean, we can’t stand it. It cuts us through the heart and angers us….so it does God. So I’m sure as God looked down this small instance that happened on this big planet today, He smiled, and said, “That’s my son and daughter, in whom I am so happy!”

July 3, 2012 at 6:46 pm

• Thanks, Lyn, a fine benediction.

July 3, 2012 at 11:21 pm

• Amen and amen!!!!

July 3, 2012 at 6:10 pm

• I don’t think that we disagree Dave, it just makes me a little angry for some people to say that Pastors should keep quiet, if their teaching disagree with what the government wants that is. Michelle Obama wants these pastors to preach what Obama wants, when instead they should be preaching what God wants. Politics is appropriate if they are teaching not forcing. It sickens me when people like Pelosi and other tell the Pastors what they need to say in order to get their followers to support the governments point of view. I would like to see the Pastors do their jobs and educate the public on what God requires, no matter which side it benefits. God bless those Pastors who are starting to speak up and quit being intimidated. The administration has gone further that any other to try to intimidate the Churches. This is what happened in Germany under Hitler and if we allow it to continue here, we will wind up with more than just a Holocaust on our heads, which is bad enough, but the power that is being weilded now is capable of destroying the world. Either they need to stand up and quit worrying about what the government thinks of their speech or they are not fit to Pastor their people. Pastoring means leading and teaching, many of them are doing neither.
          I am sorry my friend, this is always been a hot button issue for me. I think that when the Pastors began accepting tax exempt status and let themselves be censored, this is when we started losing on things like prayer in school, abortion and so many other moral issues.

July 3, 2012 at 6:08 pm

• Sorry too, Loopy, I don’t often say it but your posts and opinions are high points in my day.

I completely agree with you and Lyn on this, I was distracted and phrased it poorly. You are exactly right, Michelle is trying to create the church of obama, an abomination.

Politically correct is either Orwell’s Newspeak or lying take your pick. It will sicken the church and may well kill America if we don’t stop it.

We (and many others, as well) are on the Lord’s side, who will stand against us.

July 3, 2012 at 6:17 pm

• Amen and amen my friend, if we don’t stand up, we will be lost forever!

July 3, 2012 at 6:20 pm

• I get misunderstood all of the time. The problem isn’t really any of us; it’s words that are read, and not said. You can’t hear voice inflection, you can’t see body language, or the person’s face. Internet communication is oftentimes the highest and most misunderstood place because of this. Most all of us, me too, are guilty of taking whatever is said in the negative spectrum first before we realize it was meant either in a positive light, or neither.

July 3, 2012 at 6:34 pm

• You are so right, Lyn, I am afraid that I am guilty of that often and try to remind myself to reread but I sometimes forget. God bless you and thank you!

July 3, 2012 at 6:40 pm

• Now there is a truth for the ages. I do too by the way, Glad you were here to intercede. Thanks.

July 3, 2012 at 6:44 pm

• You’re welcome. ;-)

July 3, 2012 at 6:48 pm

3. I think in moderation, and it depends on how it’s being gone about. For example, right now, ore than ever, the body of Christ needs to know what is going on in our government because God told us to be watching, waiting, and ready. I feel our ministers are not spending enough time educating the body of Christ on what exactly is going on in this world. I can’t tell you how many people I run into everyday who say they are Christians, and go to a ‘good’ church every Sunday, and the pray, spend time in God’s word, and then some..yet they have no clue about the fact that in March of next year, the chip will be in effect; type I and type II. One is to have it implanted, and the other is to have it in the strip on your card for health insurance. And then three years after that, it will become mandatory. I read the bill that was passed from a gov’t website myself. Then there is Chrislam..the religion that Christians believe is to be the one world religion of the endtimes! Need I tell you that everyone I have asked about this says they’ve never heard about it. These things need to be discussed so that the body of Christ knows that the hour is upon us, and so that they can be ready. I feel many pastors of churches are greatly failing their congregation for not sharing with the body of Christ what is going on. So again, there must be a fine line…whether it’s intertwined in the message, or solely discussed every so often in a service.

July 3, 2012 at 5:31 pm

• Exactly!!!! They are so busy being politically correct that they are risking the very lives of the people that they are supposed to be shepherding!!! It is their job to educate what is right in the eyes of God and if they don’t they will be held accountable. If they are not leading their followers in the right direction, the penalty is tremendous for them and the possible loss of eternal life for those same followers. They are treating Church as if it is an after school event instead of the most important thing in the world for their people.

July 3, 2012 at 5:37 pm

• Sadly, I can see this entire political correctness sucking the life out of Christianity…from every walk of life, and seeping into the churches. I think the person who commented they disagree might have misunderstood you here loopyloo. I believe you and I are saying the same thing here. Many ministers avoid these things for the reasons you gave; fear, and being politcally correct; and some avoid it because they are afraid to delve into prophecy because they don’t understand it, or they aren’t sure. I am not able to make a public statement in my position against any one person, however, just know that many of the elect you would have never imagined in a million years have been led astray…from the least, to the greatest. It is mind boggling. I think it’s come down to that “no one wants to know” because they don’t want to be convicted. If the find out how close we really are, they might have to stop living in sin and disobedience; my goodness, they might even have to start actually upholding their end of the salvation committment they made with the Lord instead of appearing no different and living no different than the world. People would rather live in darkness and wear blinders all day long than to come out of it into the light. So sad it is…and all of these things have really manifest themselves just in the last 20+ years or so. When are people going to get off of their butts and clean their house? They complain they’re sick and lethargic, and they want to feel good…but then when you’ve got a rotten mess and filfth you’re living in, you’re going be sick, get sicker, and stay sick! Amen!

July 3, 2012 at 5:51 pm

• So sad indeed my friend, and such a loss. God bless you Lyn and thank you!!!!

July 3, 2012 at 6:15 pm

4. Hey did you guys ever get a chance to look at the post I made last night? It really happened! http://lynleahz.com/2012/07/03/father-forgive-me/
    Have you ever had two or three windows with different blogs in them at the same time, and made a reply on accident to the wrong blog? LOL! I think I just did that on another blog! Oh well.

July 3, 2012 at 6:57 pm

• Yep I have done, had to apologize to someone as well! LOL

July 3, 2012 at 7:05 pm

• It is a wonderful post Lyn, so wonderful to hear the testimony, it is awesome!!!!

July 3, 2012 at 7:07 pm

• Thank you! This knowledge has opened up a place of closeness and compassion I have with God that I never had before.

July 3, 2012 at 7:09 pm

5. We as a nation have prostituted ourselves to other gods; we have fornicated and adulterated…and God isn’t standing it for it much longer..praise the Lord! He’s on His way to avenge the blood. and to avenge the precious truth that has been visciously robbed from us!

July 3, 2012 at 7:05 pm

• All the signs point to the very near future, but God has given us opportunity, just the way He did with Ninevah, it is up to us whether we listen. I do not like the way we are going with Mr. Obama, but he would not be there if God didn’t let him either. We are being awoken, it is up to us to change or be destroyed. We can look at the many times He intervened in Israel for examples. We can still pray. Hopefully people decide to choose God before they no longer have the opportunity to choose!

July 3, 2012 at 7:12 pm

• and unfortunately, prophesy must fulfill itself, and this nation..this world..will not change until what must be done happens. It is no longer The United States of America. For we are separated between what was found on God and what has been stripped away. America no longer exists, but the name only. What was America is long gone, and those of us who still hold fast to our profession of faith in Jesus Christ.

July 3, 2012 at 7:17 pm

• I agree Lyn, and He is still in control. We have been warned and all the signs are pointing to an imminent return. I am hoping it is soon, but at the same time I feel such sorrow for those that are lost!

July 3, 2012 at 7:27 pm

• Hey Lyn, sorry I didn’t see this one earlier. It wound up in spam for some reason.
          At the very least, perhaps He found our conversation interesting. God bless you!

July 3, 2012 at 11:07 pm

• It’s okay..happens to me once in a while too.

July 3, 2012 at 11:09 pm

6. The blood of Jesus that has been deceptively perverted by Satan; and the blood of all of those men to make this country what it used to be, and is no longer today. Do you know how many people gave their lives for what we had? And it’s all been lost somewhere in the midst of wickedness.

July 3, 2012 at 7:07 pm

7. Loopyloo, thank you for a challenging post. I would comment further but believe everything has been said including the attempt at light hearted humor by Lyn. :) Thanks for stopping by My Hmmm Collection and deciding to tag along. I’m sure there will be no dull moments with you as a commenter. Have a wonderful holiday! Keep the Faith!

July 3, 2012 at 10:01 pm

• Thank you Karin and God bless!

July 3, 2012 at 11:00 pm

• loopylooo’s a fun gal! I can tell! So are you Karin! Love ya both bunches!

July 3, 2012 at 11:02 pm

8. It’s funny loopyloo, but do you remember earlier when I mentioned acidenally posting something on one site and it was meant for another becuase of having a few blogs open at the bottom of your screen at the same time? LOL! I meant to share the link to the article I posted last night with you because I had already shared it with Karin, and then I accidentally clicked on her page and asked her to check it out, meaning it for you since she’d already read it! LOL! So I had to post a message on Karin’s site so as not to look like too much of an idiot…and here she is! Wonderful! And now we’re all together! Have you two ever met on here before, or is this the first time?

July 3, 2012 at 11:08 pm

• I read her comment on your post and went to her blog to check it out, and then I subscribed. So thank you for the introduction Lyn! I am always looking for interesting and insightful blogs.

July 3, 2012 at 11:24 pm

• Thanks for the link Lyn, great post!

July 4, 2012 at 12:07 am

9. Reblogged this on Cobcatnipdew's Blog.

July 4, 2012 at 1:23 am

10. mjdar

I believe that once America SEPARATED God and prayer FROM the political spec, that is when we all fell apart

July 5, 2012 at 4:01 am

• That is the truth Pauli, it is the very simple truth, Satan works in devious and subtle ways, he is the great deceiver and so many have fallen because they listened to him. That was our biggest mistake taking God out of public and prayer away from our children!

July 5, 2012 at 10:43 am