The Lord’s Servant
1 The Lord says,
Here is my servant, whom I strengthen—
the one I have chosen, with whom I am pleased.
I have filled him with my Spirit,
and he will bring justice to every nation.
2 He will not shout or raise his voice
or make loud speeches in the streets.
3 He will not break off a bent reed
nor put out a flickering lamp.
He will bring lasting justice to all.
4 He will not lose hope or courage;
he will establish justice on the earth.
Distant lands eagerly wait for his teaching.
5 God created the heavens and stretched them out;
he fashioned the earth and all that lives there;
he gave life and breath to all its people.
And now the Lord God says to his servant,
I, the Lord, have called you and given you power
to see that justice is done on earth.
Through you I will make a covenant with all peoples;
through you I will bring light to the nations.
7 You will open the eyes of the blind
and set free those who sit in dark prisons.
8 I alone am the Lord your God.
No other god may share my glory;
I will not let idols share my praise.
9 The things I predicted have now come true.
Now I will tell you of new things
even before they begin to happen.
I have been honored by the PJ Grace Community for this award and I encourage you to visit them and leave a comment. The rules are as follows:
Now for the RULES to follow when nominated for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award:
1. Display the award logo on your blog. Done
2. Link back to the person who nominated you. Done
3. State 7 things about yourself. –
- I Love my God
- I am a grandmother
- I have three sons—- to be continued at a later date!!!
4. Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them. Done
5. Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements.
- In Love With the Lord
- Deb’s Blog
- Citizen Tom
- Scott Knowlton’s Blog
- Christian Comfort & Conversation
- Lyn Leahz
- For His Glory and Praise
11 But Naomi said, “Return home, my daughters. Why would you come with me? Am I going to have any more sons, who could become your husbands? 12 Return home, my daughters; I am too old to have another husband. Even if I thought there was still hope for me—even if I had a husband tonight and then gave birth to sons—13 would you wait until they grew up? Would you remain unmarried for them? No, my daughters. It is more bitter for me than for you, because the Lord’s hand has turned against me! ”
14 At this they wept aloud again. Then Orpah kissed her mother-in-law goodbye, but Ruth clung to her.
15 “Look,” said Naomi, “your sister-in-law is going back to her people and her gods. Go back with her.”
16 But Ruth replied, “Don’t urge me to leave you or to turn back from you. Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. 17 Where you die I will die, and there I will be buried. May the Lord deal with me, be it ever so severely, if even death separates you and me.” 18 When Naomi realized that Ruth was determined to go with her, she stopped urging her.
This is a prayer request for a friend Susan, please click on the link to read her request and add her to your prayers. Thank you and God bless!
2 Timothy 3:14-17
King James Version (KJV)
14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;
16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.
New King James Version (NKJV)
The Humbled and Exalted Christ
5 Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, 6 who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God, 7 but made Himself of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the likeness of men. 8 And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross.
Originally posted on Author - Brian L. Knack:
What will the history books say about a nation that murdered 50 million of its own babies?
The following are 19 facts about abortion in America that should make you very sick….
- There have been more than 53 million abortions performed in the United States since Roe v. Wade was decided back in 1973.
- When you total up all forms of abortion, including those caused by the abortion drug RU 486, the grand total comes to more than a million abortions performed in the United States every single year.
- The number of American babies killed by abortion each year is roughly equal to the number of U.S. military deaths that have occurred in all the wars that the United States has ever been involved in combined.
- Approximately 3,000 Americans lost their lives as a result of the destruction of the World Trade Center towers on 9/11. Every single day, more than 3,000 American babies are killed by abortion.
- It has been reported that a staggering 41 percent of all New York City pregnancies end in abortion.
- According to Pastor Clenard Childress, approximately 52 percent of all African-American pregnancies now end in abortion.
- One very shocking study found that 86 percent of all abortions are done for the sake of convenience.
- According to the Guttmacher Institute, the average cost of a first trimester abortion at the ten week mark is $451.
- The average cost of a vaginal birth with no complications in the United States is now over $9,000.
- A Department of Homeland Security report that was released in January 2012 says that if you are “anti-abortion”, you are a potential terrorist. Unfortunately, there have also been other government reports that have also identified “anti-abortion” protesters as potential threats.
- A while back one Philadelphia abortionist was charged with killing seven babies that were born alive, but witnesses claim that he actually slaughtered hundreds “of living, breathing newborn children by severing their spinal cords or slitting their necks.”
- Some abortion clinics have been caught selling aborted baby parts to medical researchers.
- Planned Parenthood Founder Margaret Sanger once said the following….“The most merciful thing that a family does to one of its infant members is to kill it.”
- In a 1922 book entitled “Woman, Morality, and Birth Control”, Planned Parenthood Founder Margaret Sanger wrote the following….“Birth control must lead ultimately to a cleaner race.”
- Planned Parenthood performs more than 300,000 abortions every single year.
- Planned Parenthood specifically targets the poor. A staggering 72 percent of Planned Parenthood’s “customers” have incomes that are either equal to or beneath 150 percent of the federal poverty level.
- There are 30 Planned Parenthood executives that make more than $200,000 a year. A few of them make more than $300,000 a year.
- Planned Parenthood received more than 487 million dollars from the federal government during 2010.
- The following is one description of the five steps of a partial birth abortion….
- Guided by ultrasound, the abortionist grabs the baby’s legs with forceps.
- The baby’s leg is pulled out into the birth canal.
- The abortionist delivers the baby’s entire body, except for the head.
- The abortionist jams scissors into the baby’s skull. The scissors are then opened to enlarge the skull.
- The scissors are removed and a suction catheter is inserted. The child’s brains are sucked out, causing the skull to collapse. The dead baby is then removed.