Destroying America by Denying Access to Energy (via Warning Signs)

By Alan Caruba

It is the crime of the century that America, home to some of the world’s greatest reserves of coal, natural gas and oil, is being deliberately destroyed by the Environmental Protection Agency and the Department of the Interior as they do everything in their power to restrict access and drive energy producers out of business.

It is common sense that a nation that cannot produce sufficient electricity to turn on its lights and power its manufacturing sector will be destroyed if current Obama administration regulations and actions continue. Our vital transportation sector and all others that utilize petroleum-based products will suffer, too.

While President Obama babbles about millionaires and billionaires, everyone will be impoverished by the loss of jobs and revenue our energy sector produces now and can produce in the future.

This isn’t an “energy policy.” It’s a “no-energy policy” and it is a guarantee of economic disaster.

Obama’s decision to reject a permit for Canada’s XL Keystone pipeline is just one example. It is a job-killer and a revenue-killer. There are thousands of pipelines serving America’s energy needs and the XL Keystone pipeline would ensure that Canada’s own vast energy reserves would flow to America. It is one of our key trade partners and Obama has slapped it in the face. Continue reading at Warning Signs…..

In a related story from the Hill

CRS report: Congress can require Keystone oil pipeline approval

By Ben Geman – 01/21/12 05:05 PM ET

Capitol Hill lawmakers probably have the Constitution at their back if they require a permit for the Keystone XL oil sands pipeline that President Obama rejected days ago, according to the nonpartisan Congressional Research Service.

Republicans are mulling bills that require approval of Keystone XL, which would bring oil sands crude from Alberta to Gulf Coast refineries.

The Jan. 20 CRS legal analysis notes that while the executive branch has historically handled the approval of border-crossing facilities, it doesn’t have to be that way. “[I]f Congress chose to assert its authority in the area of border crossing facilities, this would likely be considered within its Constitutionally enumerated authority to regulate foreign commerce,” the analysis states.

Republicans are highly unlikely to have enough political support to win Senate passage of bills that require a permit, let alone Obama’s signature. But the CRS analysis may buoy Republicans rallying around the bills to attack Obama’s Jan. 18 denial of TransCanada Corp.’s permit application.

The four CRS attorneys write that their review “suggests that legislation related to cross-border facility permitting is unlikely to raise significant constitutional questions, despite the fact that such permits have traditionally been handled by the executive branch alone pursuant to its constitutional ‘foreign affairs’ authority.”

A House Energy and Commerce Committee panel will hold a hearing next Wednesday on Rep. Lee Terry’s (R-Neb.) bill that takes review of the pipeline away from the State Department and instead requires the independent Federal Energy Regulatory Commission to issue a permit. Read the rest at the Hill

English: A map showing aquifer thickness of th...

Image via Wikipedia

….

1. We’re already getting so much oil from Canada we can’t handle the supluses. We are having a hard getting the oil from US storage facilities to the refineries on the Gulf Coast. Why is it necessary to bring more in if we can’t effectively manage what we’re receiving from them now.

January 22, 2012 at 3:10 am

• How about to reduce our dependency on oil from the Middle East? How about the jobs that will be created by the pipeline and all the supplemental work that goes along with it? How about building new refineries and creating even more jobs? How about the reduced cost of energy due to increased supplies. There are so many reasons that we could use that oil. How about we build it and improve our relationship with our neighbor, since that was the original plan, instead of making them upset with us?

January 22, 2012 at 10:45 am

• Not to mention that the refineries (2, I think) that can handle this oil are now using Venezuelan crude, I’d a whole lot rather buy from Canada than Chavez.

Not to mention that that means mostly that we need to build refineries, we haven’t for 30 years, and pipelines.

Great post, Loopy,

January 22, 2012 at 2:01 pm

• You are so right my friend, we definitely need to build new refineries, and add jobs in doing so. I was born and mostly raised in a refinery town that has lost those jobs. It is simply shameful to prevent our own people from working when there are opportunities.
          And thank you for the compliment, God bless you.

January 22, 2012 at 2:44 pm

• We will always be dependent on middle east oil as long as we are dependent on oil. Plus, like I said before we are already getting a surplus of oil from Canada that we are unable to manage effectively now. We are not going to be building more refineries because the ones we have no are not operating at capacity. And that “boomtown” formation due to the pipeline is simply not going to happen. It is a temporary project that will move on down the road as it progresses along its route. Plus, there is no need for these “created” towns for later work because the pipelines these days are highly automated. Repair teams are flown in or transported by the company to areas needing repair or maintenance. There will be NO reduction in energy costs because oil will ALWAYS be a highly volatile commodity traded on a speculative market that will rise and fall with every little fart that pops out around the world. We will not be isolated from that at all and will never be until we get off oil…period.

In addition if you’re touting those peripheral or supplemental jobs then why did you or the GOP dismiss those same job possibilities when Obama was talking infrastructure development or high speed rail. If you see those types of jobs arising from a pipeline then logically you’d see the same for Obama’s infrastructure projects.

“How about we build it and improve our relationship with our neighbor, since that was the original plan, instead of making them upset with us?”

We’re doing fine with Canada. Obama has fixed our relationships around the world. If anything Canada is still fuming about GW’s refusal of Rx drugs from them.

If you want to read more about why we should rethink this pipeline I suggest reading my posting here; http://mashedpotatobulletin.com/2012/01/20/one-more-time-why-do-we-need-keystone/

January 22, 2012 at 7:53 pm

• Your statement that “we will always be dependent on oil from the mideast” is true only if we do not drill for oil in the United States where there is a surplus underground that is not being utilized because of environmental concerns but if was used would last us much longer than the oil that is available in the mideast.
          Now as far as high speed rail, the question is irrelevant to the story and quite frankly is ridiculous to bring up, those jobs would be temporary as well but have the added option of diverting valuable resources away from energy production and therefore actually raise the cost of fuel, electricity, and cost of items made with petroleum.
          The fact that the jobs in the oil pipeline would be temporary does not take away from the fact that they would provide a needed boost in jobs, oil, and income across this country in the shortrun and that now those jobs and everything that goes with them are going somewhere else.
          I am not and never intend to be a member of the GOP, I will remain Independent.
          As far as your statement that Obama has fixed our relationships around the world, that my friend is laughable and I won’t bother to even respond to it. I was not a supporter of GW either and did not agree with his decisions on that and many more!
          I will leave your link in place in case anyone would like to read it. God bless!

January 22, 2012 at 8:46 pm

• Actually, the oil available here in the US is very difficult to get to and is too expensive for the oil companies to pursue. And I noticed you had no argue against my point that the pipeline will not provided reduced costs because oil is globally traded and subject to those fluctuations.

I find it interesting once again you tout the temporary jobs from the pipeline as a positive BUT dismiss those associated with the high speed rail (I also eluded to many other infrastructure projects in my comment but I guess those were dismissed as well). Where’s the logic here? While the pipeline will disappear under the ground, out of sight out of mind for many if it gets built, the rail will not. And due to its extended service for many people, services and businesses will crop up around the new access points the rail provides. It will have a continuous flow of traffic of people moving through unlike the pipeline. Now please explain how this has less potential for business or jobs than the pipeline.

“but have the added option of diverting valuable resources away from energy production and therefore actually raise the cost of fuel, electricity, and cost of items made with petroleum.”

Where do you get this from?????? The trains will be highly efficient and it takes comparatively little electricity to move one of these trains plus a decent amount of electricity used will actually be produced by the train itself through braking systems and auxiliary engines. Sorry but this postulation here really has little or no merit.

“As far as your statement that Obama has fixed our relationships around the world, that my friend is laughable and I won’t bother to even respond to it.”

Really? Laughable huh? Hmm.. .

According to many others, it doesn’t seem his foreign policies are as poor as you’re assessing them to be;

January 22, 2012 at 9:26 pm

• Your sources are interesting my friend, interesting in that they have never said a negative word about Obama and have constantly made negative remarks about any Republican President. In my book that shows a bias and therefore makes them irrelevant. I could list as many or more sources that give a differing view but I won’t because it is irrelevant to the article. If you have something to comment on in regards to the article itself, do so. Anything else will not be considered and I will take my ability as editor to edit your remarks. I am not interested in debating any other subject other than the one I posted on, and quite frankly Sami answered that better than anyone I know, can. I notice that you did not bother to respond to that. You are interested in arguing something totally different that the subject at hand, I am not inclined to do so.

January 22, 2012 at 10:28 pm

• Loopy>
        “interesting in that they have never said a negative word about Obama and have constantly made negative remarks about any Republican President. In my book that shows a bias and therefore makes them irrelevant.”

Hmmm… interesting string of logic. Valid process to conclusion… well… questionable.

“ If you have something to comment on in regards to the article itself,”
        I do believe those links were in response to what you stated. If this deviated from your article then you should not have commented on the other topic.

“Sami answered that better than anyone I know, can. I notice that you did not bother to respond to that.”

Actually, I did. You should have noticed since you had to approve the comment.

“You are interested in arguing something totally different that the subject at hand, I am not inclined to do so.”

I didn’t think that we were. Remember you were commenting on the different topic as well. I just followed what you were talking about.

January 23, 2012 at 2:54 am

• Politeness in a partial addressing of a side topic that you introduced does not endorse nor mean that I am obliged to continue the discussion on that topic. As far as approving the comment, I generally do so. If I think that a warning needs given to bring the topic back, I will give it. If the party trying to divert keeps going off topic, I have no hesitation to block, edit, or trash such comments. This is not a democracy here, this is my place and I set the rules. If you don’t like them, you are not required by any means to stay. Perhaps you think that this is un-neighborly, but I would never allow a neighbor to come to my home with the express purpose of causing discord.

January 23, 2012 at 3:02 am

• “Politeness in a partial addressing of a side topic that you introduced does not endorse nor mean that I am obliged to continue the discussion on that topic.”

And you replied to it as laughable. I was quite justified in defending what I stated against your insult, which I did with those links I provided. How was your reply to that particular topic polite, anyways?

January 23, 2012 at 3:14 am

• LOL mp, God bless you for reminding me on why I am no longer a democrat!

January 23, 2012 at 3:18 am

• AFVET

You have got to be kidding me.
      And after reading the thread below, I surmise that you hold your values as the key to America’s independence.
      The philosophy that you espouse is flawed to the extreme.

January 23, 2012 at 8:41 pm

2. Pingback: (“It is the crime of the century that America, home to some of the world’s greatest reserves of coal, natural gas and oil, is being deliberately destroyed by the Environmental Protection Agency and the Department of the Interior as they do everyth

• mpbulletin, thank you for providing your left wing bleeding heart links for us to substantiate your claims. How very thoughtful of you my friend. However, in case you hadn’t notice, we are a Kool-Aid Free Zone here and have no delusional belief system such as yours. Good luck with all the Prosperity you find in your Hope and Change World.

January 22, 2012 at 10:16 pm

• And thank you for providing such a civil and o so substantive reponse samiam.

January 22, 2012 at 10:17 pm

• Happy to oblige you my friend. Oh, and by the way, what are your thoughts on the Oil Reserves Article I posted? Was hoping you would respond to that.

January 22, 2012 at 10:21 pm

3. Pingback: - Prepper Podcast Radio Network News

4. mp bulletin, I am not sure where you are getting your source but perhaps you should consider this my friend:

Important and verifiable information :About 6 months ago, the writer was watching a news program on oil and one of the Forbes Bros. Was the guest. The host said to Forbes, “I am going to ask you a direct question and I would like a direct answer; how much oil does the U.S. Have in the ground?” Forbes did not miss a beat, he said, “more than all the Middle East put together.” Please read below.The U. S. Geological Service issued a report in April 2008 that only scientists and oil men knew was coming, but man was it big.

It was a revised report (hadn’t been updated since 1995) on how much oil was in this area of the western 2/3 of North Dakota, western South Dakota, and extreme eastern Montana ….. Check THIS out:

The Bakken is the largest domestic oil discovery since Alaska ‘s Prudhoe Bay , and has the potential to eliminate all American dependence on foreign oil. The Energy Information Administration (EIA) estimates it at 503 billion barrels. Even if just 10% of the oil is recoverable… At $107 a barrel, we’re looking at a resource base worth more than $5…3 trillion.“When I first briefed legislators on this, you could practically see their jaws hit the floor.

They had no idea..” says Terry Johnson, the Montana Legislature‘s financial analyst.“This sizable find is now the highest-producing onshore oil field found in the past 56 years,” reportsThe Pittsburgh Post Gazette. It’s a formation known as the Williston Basin , but is more commonly referred to as the ‘Bakken’ It stretches from Northern Montana , through North Dakota and into Canada . For years, U. S. Oil exploration has been considered a dead end.

Even the ‘Big Oil‘ companies gave up searching for major oil wells decades ago. However, a recent technological breakthrough has opened up the Bakken’s massive reserves….. And we now have access of up to 500 billion barrels. And because this is light, sweet oil, those billions of barrels will cost Americans just $16 PER BARREL!That’s enough crude to fully fuel the American economy for 2041 years straight. And if THAT didn’t throw you on the floor, then this next one should – because it’s from 2006!U.. S. Oil Discovery- Largest Reserve in the WorldStansberry Report Online – 4/20/2006
    Hidden 1,000 feet beneath the surface of the Rocky Mountains lies the largest untapped oil reserve in the world.

It is more than 2 TRILLION barrels. On August 8, 2005 President Bush mandated its extraction. In three and a half years of high oil prices none has been extracted. With this motherload of oil why are we still fighting over off-shore drilling?They reported this stunning news:

We have more oil inside our borders, than all the other proven reserves on earth.. Here are the official estimates:

– 8-times as much oil as Saudi Arabia- 18-times as much oil as Iraq
    – 21-times as much oil as Kuwait- 22-times as much oil as Iran- 500-times as much oil as YemenHOW can this BE? HOW can we NOT BE extracting this?

Because the environmentalists and others have blocked all efforts to help America become independent of foreign oil! Again, we are letting a small group of people dictate our lives and our economy…..WHY?

James Bartis, lead researcher with the study says we’ve got more oil in this very compact area than the entire Middle East -more than 2 TRILLION barrels untapped. That’s more than all the proven oil reserves of crude oil in the world today, reports The Denver Post.

Don ‘t think ‘OPEC’ will drop its price – even with this find? Think again! It’s all about the competitive marketplace, – it has to. Think OPEC just might be funding the environmentalists?

By the way..this is all true. Check it out at the link below!!!
    GOOGLE it, or follow this link. It will blow your mind.

January 22, 2012 at 10:08 pm

• samiam> I am quite familiar with this one. But first, let’s clarify what I stated before…I never said we did not have reserves, I said, “the oil available here in the US is very difficult to get to and is too expensive for the oil companies to pursue.” Which it is.

From the FAQ portion of the site you provide; “In contrast, the Bakken Formation is a relatively tight formation consisting of low porosity and permeability rock, from which oil flows only with difficulty. To overcome this problem, wells are drilled horizontally, at depth, into the Bakken and then water and other materials (like sand) are pumped downhole at high pressure (called hydrofracturing) to create open fractures, creating artificial permeability in these tight rocks.”

It is a fracking operation and there is a ton of controversy about this manner of extraction. Many people are opposed to it due to the amount of water needed and the high potential water source contamination. And, yes, there are documented instances of water source contamination from fracking operations.

“Don ‘t think ‘OPEC’ will drop its price – even with this find? Think again! It’s all about the competitive marketplace, ”

OPEC does not set the prices, they set the amount pumped from their own sources. The prices are set globally on highly speculative, commodity markets. I’ve stated this several times already. Until the speculators are removed from the pricing, oil will continue to experience highly volatile price fluctuations. So what benefit would it bring OPEC by bribing environmentalists?

January 22, 2012 at 10:30 pm

• The government and in particular the Obama administration is the reason it is most difficult to get at. A huge oil boom in N. Dakota and have to worry about the EPA shutting it down. China and India will be drilling close to 50 miles off US coast in Cuban waters. We can’t drill. Keystone XL pipeline shut down by Obama. How much more do you need.
        Bob A.

January 22, 2012 at 10:51 pm

• More on the Keystone decision and why it was a decision based in politics, not what was best for America
        Published January 21, 2012 | By Bruce McQuain

January 22, 2012 at 10:56 pm

• Obama’s EPA is more interested in keeping jobs from this country than they are in protecting the environment and they do everything in their power to prevent America from becoming independent as far as energy. Take this story that a12iggymom’s Blog is reporting on:Newsmax: EPA Threatens North Dakota Oil Boom
          If Obama was really interested in doing something to enable jobs in this country, he would remove Lisa Jackson and make sure that the science that is being used to make decisions is sound. It has been shown several times that her decisions are sometimes not based on science at all.

January 23, 2012 at 12:04 am

• The fracking process does indeed pump water into the well to fracture the formation, once accomplished that water is then pumped back out. There are a few documented cases of contamination and the remedies have been implemented.

As Samian stated, North America has more reserves than the Middle East, if we were to produce anywhere near capacity OPEC becomes irrelevant.

Interestingly enough, North Dakota, where most of then Bakken field is, has 3.5% unemployment. The speculators are mostly a figment of the imagination, not only yours, the futures market functions primarily to lock in fuel prices for large users such as airlines, large trucking companies and such.

Oil has competition, transportation can function quite well, albeit not as efficiently, on compressed natural gas and other fuels as well.

High speed rail is a non starter simply because American won’t use it unless there on no alternatives and it need a ridership density not far from the commuter district in our large cities, but over 24 hours. It’s a boondoggle, pure and simple.

With reference to Keystone XL, PM Harper has indicated that they will not reapply, but will simply build a pipeline to their west coast (Canadian jobs and profits, not American) and will be shipped in tankers, no doubt Chinese. You want to talk about environmental risk? Oil in tankers on the North Pacific, that ought to make the Exxon Valdez look like a picnic.

January 22, 2012 at 11:35 pm

• OPEC may not be paying off the environmentalists but there is a lot of evidence that they are altering their information in order to fit what ever idea that they want, just one example is listed in the post below:
        An Update On The Case Of Ann Maest; Follow The Money…

January 22, 2012 at 11:41 pm

• wdednh

“I never said we did not have reserves, I said, “the oil available here in the US is very difficult to get to and is too expensive for the oil companies to pursue.” Which it is. I never said we did not have reserves, I said, “the oil available here in the US is very difficult to get to and is too expensive for the oil companies to pursue.” Which it is. I never said we did not have reserves, I said, “the oil available here in the US is very difficult to get to and is too expensive for the oil companies to pursue.” Which it is. ”

You are so correct of what you just said; It is almost impossible to dig in US for Oil, for all the regulations People such as you have pushed in the name of preserving the environment and all the other none sense money making rules. Yes you are right as long as we have left comm-rats Chavez will be selling his oil to America! Further more I second What Sami Said and i quote “we are a Kool-Aid Free Zone here and have no delusional belief system such as yours” Unquote.

January 23, 2012 at 2:21 am

• boudicabpi> “the Obama administration is the reason it is most difficult to get at. ”

Really? Obama is now to blame for the geologic processes that created the formation?

“A huge oil boom in N. Dakota and have to worry about the EPA shutting it down.”

Which ones are these?

“China and India will be drilling close to 50 miles off US coast in Cuban waters.”

Well we drill offshore in numberous places around the world too. Where’s the difference?

January 23, 2012 at 2:57 am

5. You bring up some interesting points and so I must ask what your thoughts are on the Clamp down by the EPA on our Coal Producing Plants here in the USA? It is necessarily going to increase our Electricity Costs substantially in the upcoming months and years. Part two of my question would be this:

January 22, 2012 at 10:37 pm

• “I must ask what your thoughts are on the Clamp down by the EPA on our Coal Producing Plants ”
      If you’re referring to the new regulations then what is the specific problem? If you’re making the claim that these will increase the energy costs I suggest you research some of the history of the doomsayers when it comes to ANY new regulation that is instituted. Very few if any of their claims come true. If you’re interested I have written a two part post on this very topic;
      Not interested! You have given the link already, do not give it again!

“Do you believe Russia and China will join with us in our efforts to clean up our atmosphere and environment?”
      Russia might. China.. well they are already trying to corner many of the green technology energy manufacturing. Wind, solar, etc. If we don’t get moving they will gain the bigger market share around the world and we will be playing catch-up.

January 23, 2012 at 3:03 am

• What are the specific problems with the regulations? They are not based on science! They are designed for one purpose to shut down and new energy production or transportation of oil.

January 23, 2012 at 3:09 am

• “They are not based on science! ”

Oh loopy…you’re kidding right? They most certainly are based on science. The Obama administration bases more of their regulatory decisions on science than GW did. Remember when they were caught altering the science?

“They are designed for one purpose to shut down and new energy production or transportation of oil.”

Ah yes… and nothing to do with protecting the health of the US citizens or the resources we depend on to live. No, that doesn’t even factor into the whole debate does it?

January 23, 2012 at 3:19 am

• Good try MP, if all else fails, make the other person out as stupid. I don’t rely on myself for the information MP, I rely on those that are paid to find out the information. They are the ones that have said that Ms Jackson et al are basing their findings on fantasy. If you have a problem with them go argue with them. I am sure if you are as intelligent as you would like us to believe that you can hold your own.

January 23, 2012 at 3:23 am

• “Not interested! You have given the link already, do not give it again!”

1) It was reference to the discussion that samiam and I were having. The last one was for you. Perhaps, he/she didn’t see it.

2) Am I starting to get on your nerves Loopy? Perhaps you should just block me from continuing anymore discussions with your readers if that is the case.

January 23, 2012 at 3:22 am

• MP, are you getting on my nerves? Not really, I just see no profit in continuing a discussion with someone who simply wants to argue.

January 23, 2012 at 3:30 am

• “I just see no profit in continuing a discussion with someone who simply wants to argue.”

Well, I suppose it is difficult for some to distinguish between debate and argument. Just because I am making statements and defending a position that you do not agree with does not mean that it is an argument (the negative connotation you’re attaching to it.) For the most part I felt the back and forth with your readers was substantive and delved little into the typical name calling and insults many on opposing sides devolve into.

But Loopy it does seem that my views, even presented in a civil manner – persisitant but civil – nonetheless has given you offense. This is clear from your comments. I have no desire to allow it all to degrade into the negative so I will retire from the discussion. Remember, we’ll never get anywhere if we ignore what others have to say simply because we don’t like what is said despite the merit.

January 23, 2012 at 3:53 am

• AFVET

After reading this thread, I must say that you, mpbulletin, are an example of the last vestiges of the people that are inclined to reject the concept of common sense.
        Don’t put your hand on a hot stove.
        You seem to have a problem with regulations, oh wait, you don’t.
        ” Russia might, China…”
        Russia is the largest oil supplier to Europe.
        China owns close to 90% of the mineral rights globally.
        Wind and solar, Obama just gave half a billion of our money to a failing solar panel company, Solyndra, knowing it was going under.
        I don’t know where you live, but if you are using coal or oil, or natural gas, I would be in favor of doubling your energy bill for the next five years.
        Yeah, you pay more and feed all of that money to the green energy industry.
        It’s only fair right ?
        Your diatribe within this thread is revealing.
        The folks that have responded to you possess a high degree of common sense.

My advice,…don’t put your hand on a hot stove.

January 23, 2012 at 8:25 pm

• AFVET my friend, it is so nice to see you here. Right on point as always! God bless you and thank you!

January 23, 2012 at 9:39 pm

• Are you sitting down mpbulletin?
        Okay, here’s the bombshell. The volcanic eruption in Chile, since its first spewing of volcanic ash has, in just FOUR DAYS, NEGATED EVERY SINGLE EFFORT you have made in the past five years to control CO2 emissions on our planet – all of you.

Of course you know about this evil carbon dioxide that we are trying to suppress – it’s that vital chemical compound that every plant requires to live and grow, and to synthesize into oxygen for us humans, and all animal life.

I know, it’s very disheartening to realize that all of the carbon emission savings you have accomplished while suffering the inconvenience and expense of:

* driving Prius hybrids,

* buying fabric grocery bags,

* sitting up till midnight to finish your kid’s “The Green Revolution” science project,

* throwing out all of your non-green cleaning supplies,

* using only two squares of toilet paper,

* putting a brick in your toilet tank reservoir,

* selling your SUV and speedboat,

* vacationing at home instead of abroad,

* nearly getting hit every day on your bicycle,

* replacing all of your 50 cents light bulbs with $10.00 light bulbs…

well, all of those things you have done have all gone down the tubes in just four days.

The volcanic ash emitted into the Earth’s atmosphere in just four days – yes – FOUR DAYS ONLY by that volcano in Chile, has totally erased every single effort you have made to reduce the evil beast, carbon. And there are around 200 active volcanoes on the planet spewing out this crud any one time – EVERY DAY.

I don’t really want to rain on your parade too much, but I should mention that when the volcano Mt Pinatubo erupted in the Philippines in 1991, it spewed out more greenhouse gases into the atmosphere than the entire human race had emitted in its entire YEARS on earth.. Yes folks, Mt Pinatubo was active for over one year – think about it.

Of course I shouldn’t spoil this touchy-feely tree-hugging moment and mention the effect of solar and cosmic activity and the well-recognized 800-year global heating and cooling cycle, which keep happening, despite our completely insignificant efforts to affect climate change.

And I do wish I had a silver lining to this volcanic ash cloud but the fact of the matter is that the bush fire season across the western USA and Australia this year alone will negate your efforts to reduce carbon in our world for the next two to three years. And it happens every year.

Just remember that your government has imposed a whopping carbon tax on you on the basis of the bogus “human-caused” climate change scenario.

Hey, isn’t it interesting how they don’t mention “Global Warming” any more, but just “Climate Change” – you know why? It’s because the planet has COOLED by 0.7 degrees in the past century and these global warming bull artists got caught with their pants down.

And just keep in mind that you might yet have an Emissions Trading Scheme – that whopping new tax – imposed on you, that will achieve absolutely nothing except make you poorer. It won’t stop any volcanoes from erupting, that’s for sure.

By the way, have you ever wondered about China or Russia’s Carbon Foot Print and what they are or are not doing to reduce it?

Global Warming 1/2
        Hey relax, give the world a hug and have a nice day!

January 23, 2012 at 10:30 pm

6. wdednh

Loopy Great Post :) especially when it rattles the tree of left…………..

January 23, 2012 at 2:23 am

• Thank you my friend, it does seem to have gotten attention. God bless you!

January 23, 2012 at 2:54 am

• AFVET

She did good huh ?
      Love it. :)

January 23, 2012 at 10:46 pm

7. Pingback: » China’s appetite for work and wealth

8. mpbulletin
    mpbulletin January 23, 2012 at 2:57 am

No he and his EPA are the reason we can’t drill and produce there.

Do you have a clue?

The difference is that we don’t drill here. Not all Obama but American oil companies were invited to join in the Cuban drilling and because of embargo’s were not allowed to. We could except for Obama and hie greenies drill offshore FL He is a disaster.

Keystone pipeline, oh that’s right it’s Hillary Clinton’s fault not his.

January 23, 2012 at 10:26 pm

9. AFVET

samiam60 is correct .
    Mt Pinatubo, a volcano erupted and buried Clark AFB in six feet of ash.
    I was stationed there for 18 months.
    Clark was the largest overseas base we had.
    The lease to the PI ran out about 6 months before the eruption.
    We had turned it back over to the Philippines.
    Heaven knows what it looks like now.

January 23, 2012 at 11:20 pm

10. Not giving the ‘go ahead’ for the Keystone pipeline is CRIMINAL. First, we are denying mega-thousand jobs (and I bet the labor unions who throw $$$$$ at his campaign are none too happy). Then there are the ‘ancillary’ jobs; the restaurants, gas stations, hotels, stores, etc that go to support these workers.

The Canadians have to sell this oil to someone and are ALREADY in talks with the Chinese to sell it to them. All because of the EPA and the environmental lobby. We have more oil here, but if we can’t (again cowtowing to the EPA and the environmental lobby) drill the tos of oil we have here, we’ll always be beholden to the Saudis and other oil kingpins. WHAT A CRIME JUST TO GET THEIR VOTES.

I don’t consider that as weighing all options and then doing what is good FOR THE COUNTRY. I call it doing what is necessary to do to get reelected. Afterall, Hollywood and George Soros have the money to go to the $50,000 plate dinners; so it all boils down to politics.

January 27, 2012 at 12:28 am

• Agree totally Annie, I think that Obama miscalculated on this one too. He has made many in his base, unions & etc., very upset with him. They were looking forward to having jobs. He showed that he didn’t really care whether they worked or not. I think that perhaps he is banking on the probability that they won’t vote Republican, but he is not taking account of the fact that they may just stay home!

January 27, 2012 at 12:44 am

11. Reblogged this on My Blog.

January 27, 2012 at 12:33 am

12. Obama miscalculates, lies and the list goes on! But nothing changes really – isn’t that strange? So many I speak with think the same way but how then can we the people not get organised enough to do something about this?

I live outside of the US right now and they have already informed us that our energy costs will be doubling over the next coupple of years. This might sound silly but I believ it has a bit to do with the Agenda 21 that my county is currenty aligning everything after – including rising energy costs, forced recycling, closing of rural schools plus much more.

January 27, 2012 at 11:49 pm

• We seem to have some really powerful people blocking us, my friend, but I do have hope that there will be a change soon. I just am not quite sure if it will be the change that we really want. I mentioned to another friend on another blog today about how we are at the tipping point, and I truly believe this.

Our energy prices are going up as well, but not quite that much, however if we continue on the path that we are on, we have been warned that not only will the price of energy go up, but the cost of food and everything else. We are also looking at major areas of the US that will face energy shortages if the EPA gets it’s way.
      Agenda 21 is truly scary, and it is even scarier to realize how far that they have already gone with it and how ignorant of it most people are. If they start shutting down the internet, I am afraid that we will wind up on the wrong side of history and may well be at the starting point of a new dark ages. Truly a frightening though.
      God bless you my friend, He is still in control and although we don’t know what is in store for us, we know that He is the winner in the end.

January 28, 2012 at 12:02 am